Turmeric – everyone is familiar with this word, a well- known species, but, when it comes to benefits, only a few people know that it can be beneficial to more than the extent of anyone’s perspective. Here the question arises- What can be those benefits? Today, I am going to tell you about various benefits of “Haldi” which you had never thought about. You will be amazed to know that not only by words, but by effects also, turmeric is one of the most useful and beneficial herbs on earth. How? Let us see…
- Benefit-1 Asian Cuisine
We all are aware of the fact that whatever we cook remains incomplete without turmeric in it. You can think about anything, like vegetables, cereals, cury, and even some dishes to give them yellow color. Not only India but other countries also use it in huge amount for their kitchen to make it complete. But yes, India has been among the top turmeric consuming countries since years. In other words, our kitchen and our taste is almost incomplete without turmeric.
- Benefit- 2 In Hindu Rituals
Do you know that there is a ritual included in Hindu marriages where both bride and groom are applied with turmeric on their whole body by their friends and relatives? This is actually seemed to be a holy ritual and performed with whole faith. Not only for ritual, but, it is also used to protect the bride and groom from various infections, if seen from a medicinal point of view.
Benefit- 3 As a Dye
This point is related to Hindu culture. The dresses of Hindu monks are dyed in yellow color made of turmeric. It is seemed to be a symbol of sun. Although turmeric as a dye is not that much effective but the process is still done with complete devotion.
- Benefit- 4 Helps you to look more confident
If you are unconfident about your appearance, try turmeric. Do you know the reason? Turmeric has various antioxidant and antibacterial properties which make it act as an antiseptic for face. It softens the skin and increases the glow of the face by lightening your skin tone. It is also responsible for making you look younger than your age. It will ultimately boost up your confidence level by making you more presentable.
- Benefit- 5 Effective in removing acne effect
Acne leaves dark and ugly looking scars on the affected area. Very few people know that Turmeric is gretly benificial in preventing acne effect
Turmeric face mask can clear acne scars and inflammation. Even not only that, but, it reduces oil secretion by sebaceous glands and prevents from re-occurrence of acne.
Benefit- 6 To heal small cuts and burns
You must have seen your mother or grand-mother suggesting applying turmeric on cuts and burns. Why? Let’s discuss the reason.
Because of acting like an antibacterial agent since years, turmeric paste is used to heal small cuts and burns effectively. It heals wounds and helps to keep the bacterial infections away from you preventing you from further damage.
- Benefit- 7 Facial hair control
Many women face a common problem of facial hair. The solution is turmeric. If applied on regular basis, it can be found that turmeric controls helps to slow down the growth of facial hair.
- Benefit- 8 Controls dandruff and Hair lossIf you have itching scalp, dandruff or hair loss problem, then using turmeric will definitely help you. Turmeric has been proved to rejuvenate scalp health and help you to get rid of itchy scalp, dandruff as well as hair loss.
- Benefit- 9 Heals cracked Heels
Cracked heel is a visible effect of dry skin. It may make females Cracked heel is a visible effect of dry skin. It may make females avoid wearing their favorite shoes or sleepers due to its ugly looking and painful effect. Applying the mixture of coconut oil and turmeric will not only effectively heal the cracked heels faster, but it will also help you to feel your heel softer than before allowing you to confidently wear your favorite footwears.
- Benefit- 10 Treatment of skin Conditions (Problems)
As turmeric is an antiseptic in some way, the mixture of it with milk will help in treating skin conditions like eczema, poison ivy and psoriasis. Eczema is quite itchy and painful disease leaving red scaly patches on the skin. The application of this mixture will soothe the skin reducing redness and inflammation
- Benefit- 11 Beneficial for Liver Health
Liver infection and fatty liver are one of the major problems. Obesity and diabetes are the two major health threats that drastically increase the chances of liver fat. Turmeric is helpful for reducing the risk of fatty liver while decreasing stress at the cellular level.
- Benefit- 12 Helps in Blood Purification
Most of the food we eat today contains impurities and prepare in artificial fertilizers. This directly or indirectly affects our health. Pollution adds on to the problem. Adding turmeric to your diet can save your body from the toxins, acids and dust that enter you from eatables and pollution and purify your blood preventing it from intoxication.
- Benefit- 13 Improves diet intake
If you feel that your diet is not proper and you are feeling less than your actual diet, you can add turmeric to your taste. It will help you to improve your diet and ultimately health.
- Benefit- 14 Treats minor diseases
Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric can be effective in treating several conditions like toothache, cough and cold, chest pain, urinary tract infection, flatulence, jaundice, menstrual discomforts, hemorrhage and colic.
- Benefit- 15 Treatment against Cancer.
Cancer, as we all know, is not exactly a curable disease till date. But, it is a very frequent disease and people come to know that they have been caught by it after getting completely affected by the same.
Luckily, if you are lucky enough to know this earlier, you can save your life with turmeric. Curcumin present in Turmeric helps in preventing various types of cancer like breast, liver, lung, stomach and colon. This is because of the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of curcumin.
- Benefit- 16 Increase antioxidant capacity of the body.
In this running life, somehow, due to environmental pollution, personal care products, stress and chemical exposure, the free radicals are created in our bloodstream which further are responsible for cellular damage in our body. They weaken the cell structure paving way for various diseases. The antioxidants (known as curcuminoids) present in turmeric remove and repair the damage caused by these free radicals. Hence, it prevents you future diseases also.
- Benefit- 17 Prevents Angiogenesis
Angiogenesis is a physiological response in which your body creates new blood vessels when new tissues form inside of your body. Through this, newly developed tumors and cancer cells are able to receive the additional blood supply which they require to grow. Turmeric saves you from these future effects and prevents angiogenesis within your body. I am sure you were unaware of this fact. Turmeric is an angiogenesis inhibitor.
- Benefit- 18 Helps in Brain Development
Our brain is one of the most important organs of our body. It also requires oxygen for proper functioning. Turmeric helps to maintain the proper flow of blood and oxygen to the brain due to curcumin available in that. Its helps your brain to work properly and increase its concentration level.
- Benefit- 19 Prevents Alzheimer
People suffering from Alzheimer tend to have higher levels of inflammation in their brains and the disease leads to accumulation of destructive beta-amyloids in the brain.
Curcumin, because of having anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties, helps to inhibit the accumulation of these beta-amyloids and tends to break up existing plaques.
- Benefit- 20 Prevents Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is the most common type of autoimmune artritis. It occurs due to the faulty immune system and affects the wrist and small joints of the hand. Regular consumption of turmeric can help suppressing the effects of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Benefit- 21 Treats type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is the most common type of diabetes that affects people. Due to this disease, your body does not use insulin properly. Also known with the names- “adult-onset” and “noninsulin dependent diabetes”, it is a chronic disease which affects the way your body metabolizes sugar (glucose). Turmeric is effective in treating this disease too. Curcumin and other bioactive compounds available in turmeric effectively suppress the symptoms of type 2 diabetes.
- Benefit- 22 Treat Cataracts
Fact of today’s era is that, cataract is the major cause of blindness all over the world. Disease like cataract are often said to be occurred due to nutritional deficiencies. Turmeric can help you out with that too. Curcumin- the key active ingredient and an antioxidant in turmeric is said to prevent cataract that are induced by selenium, galactose and naphthalene.
- Benefit- 23 Beneficial to treat Glaucoma
Glaucoma is again an eye disease which can affect either both eyes or one eye. It mainly causes losses to optic nerve, and if not detected in early stages, can lead to the loss of eye vision. Curcumin, which is present in turmeric, protects optic nerve from damage as well as its antioxidant property helps to fight the free radicals caused by oxidative stress. This is hence said to be beneficial for eye disorders like glaucoma. Don’t you find it acting like miracle?
- Benefit- 24 Beneficial for Heart
Excess fat, calcium, cholesterol and other substances build up deposits on arteries walls forming plaque. When plaque hardens, the arteries become hard and inflexible risking to artheroclerosis. Turmeric helps in maintaining heart health by reducing cholesterol oxidation, reducing plaque buildup, clot formation, reducing bad cholesterol and reducing pro-inflammatory response etc. Curcumin do improves the function of endothelium too, which is the lining of the blood vessels.
- Benefit- 25 Preventive against Depression
Curcumin has also proved to be effective in depression by acting as antidepressant. Depression is also linked to the reduced levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and a shrinking hippocampus, a brain area with a role in learning and memory. Curcumin boosts the BNDF levels and help getting out of the damages, also preventing from further damages.
- Befitne- 26 Treats Pulmonary Fibrosis
Pulmonary fibrosis (PF) is a disease causing lung scarring resulting in the interference in a person’s breathing process. The antioxidant and antibacterial properties of curcumin acts as a preventer of lung from this disease.
- Benefit- 27 Treats various allergies occurred due to medication
When we intake some medicines to cure any disease, they may give us some reactions in return. And if we go for treating those, it will cost us very expensive. Turmeric again is the solution here. Intake of turmeric can keep you safe from getting affected by the side-effects of medicines.
- Benefit- 28 Treats Childhood Leukemia
Cancer of white blood cells which is most common in children and teens. Abnormal white blood cells form in the bone marrow and then flow through blood stream. Curcumin prevents the chromosome damage as well as stops the formation of harmful nitroso compounds and heterocyclic amines which are formed by processed meat. Curcumin ultimately helps in preventing the multiplication of leukemia cells, hence preventing their spreading.
- Benefit- 29 Treats Psoriasis
Psoriasis is a non-communicable skin condition that produces plaques of thickened, scaling skin. The proliferation of skin cells is triggered by inflammatory chemicals produced by specialized white blood cells (lymphocytes) which ultimately lead to the disease. It commonly affects the skin of elbow, scalp and knees. Intake or application of turmeric on these areas can effectively prevent from this disease too.
- Benefit- 30 Treats Kidney Disorders
Kidney disorders can be either by birth or by some infection from some other disease like diabetes. Dialysis, kidney transplant and medication are all different treatment options, but very expensive. Turmeric has proved itself to be a solution for almost all these problems. Compound found in the volatile oil fraction of turmeric also possesses therapeutic properties.
Benefit- 31 Beneficial for Pancreas
- The condition when our pancreas stop creating insulin is called pancreatitis. Curcumin possess antioxidant properties which helps in getting the situation better,
- As you might have realized after reading this, turmeric has way more benefits than you ever imagined. And, there are numerous other benefits that turmeric provides but we decided to put only the major ones over here. It must have been overwhelming to read about such a common stuff having so many mind-blowing and extensive benefits. Well, that is the beauty of nature. Anything that is healthy and beneficial always has not to be expensive. As you have already seen, something so common and readily available like turmeric can have so many huge health impacts. Turmeric health benefits range from being an anti-oxidant to a wound healer. Apart from the multi-dimensional health advantages, turmeric is also extremely popular beauty hack. Many beauty products also contain turmeric. But what is the most amazing thing about all this new information we shared with you today?Well, we believe the most amazing aspect is the fact that turmeric is a completely natural product, readily available from Mother Nature. It is not produced or synthesized in factories. So you don’t have to be worried about what might come along with it. It is just an edible food product with more than just benefits. If we try to improve the way we go about our diet, and include healthy stuffs like turmeric more and more, think about it, how good our health and life would be. We won’t be seeing the doctor as often as we do now. But due to our lack of knowledge and ignorance we end up eating unhealthy stuffs on a regular basis making us sick and preparing us for consistent doctor visits and packs of medications. The idea behind bringing the piece of information to you is that, let us go back to the basics, and improve our diet. It is always better to watch your steps, see what you are eating rather than ending up in the Doc’s clinic. It’s not as difficult as we perceive it to be, we just need to make up our mind and slowly get into healthy eating habits. Along with that we should take natural herbs like turmeric is small amounts for great health and strong immune system.
This herb and spice is in front of us but many of us remain unaware of this heaven’s gift.